Growing networks and revenue at pace, through ABM and social selling
Social selling strategy and coaching60%
ABM marketing and communications24%
Sales and marketing alignment15%
About our client
Lyreco UK & Ireland is part of the Lyreco Group - the European leader in the B2B distribution of office supplies and equipment. With a turnover of €2,3 billion (2019), the group directly operates in 25 countries in Europe and Asia and covers 17 additional markets on 4 continents through a network of distribution partners.
With sales rooted in traditional selling methods (i.e. door knocking, cold calling…) Lyreco was seeking out new digital strategies to boost sales performance across new business, lapsed clients and existing client accounts.
Your Allies led the strategy, management and execution of an initiative which spanned sales and marketing – adding social techniques and tools to their armour. We directly supported sales teams which were responsible for growing business across SMB, mid-market and corporate accounts.
Your Allies’ support consisted of:
- Developing a strategy and approach for LinkedIn and social selling, which drew on Lyreco’s marketing campaign and collateral.
- Running team workshops and 121 coaching on social selling techniques and how to make more of LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Creating a comprehensive communications guide for Sales to lean on, helping speed up connection requests and subsequent conversation follow-up.
- Building focused ABM approaches suited to the team’s target markets: one-to-one, one-to-few and one-to-many.
- Better aligning sales and marketing by bringing marketing fodder into Sales’ day-to-day.
- Regularly monitoring individual and team progress, measuring success and recommending adjustments to improve performance.
For the one group of sales professionals, over a 12-week period…
- 9 new accounts were opened, at a significantly faster rate than previously (weeks versus months).
- Significant sales revenue was generated, also at a faster rate, with average order values increasing.
- A subsequent pipeline was generated (4 x the value of revenue delivered over that period) and is expected to generate significant revenue over time.
- An overall ROI of 491% was generated from sales in that 12-week period.
For another core sale team…
- 75% of the team reached the top quartile of LinkedIn’s SSI score – scoring between 75 and 100 out of 100.
- An average of 200 new connections were made for each sales professional over 12-weeks – a far faster rate than previously.
- SSI scores across the teams shot up, with on average scores increasing by 40% on average.
- Greater consistency in the team’s LinkedIn profiles was achieved.
- The sales teams involved in the social selling coaching are now skilled at using LinkedIn and social selling approaches as part of their day-to-day. ‘Social selling stars’ have also been identified as a result.
Our work with Lyreco has been recognised by the 2020 CIM Marketing Excellence Awards, who have shortlisted us in the ‘Campaign Effectiveness’ category. Winners announcement coming in February 2021.
The UK Agency Awards also recognise our work here, shortlisting us in 3 categories: Campaign Effectiveness Award, Best New Business Campaign and Best Social Media Campaign. In mid-November the winners are revealed.